The advent of information technology has definitely made it easier for us to get everything we need faster than before from the simplest to the most complicated information, product and services. The internet makes it all possible with just a few clicks. Thus, it makes sense that more and more people are turning to social media sites as a means to gather information.
One field that is gaining popularity in the World Wide Web is the use of instructional videos particularly in the field of cooking. This is because as people become more career oriented, they no longer have the leisure of time to learn the basics. People want it fast, easy and convenient all rolled into one.
Why Do People Prefer Cooking Videos?
- Inexpensive but nutritious meals - As the economy turns for the worse, people learn to adapt and think of ways to save money. By cooking at home, families can save up to 50% of their monthly food bill. With cooking shows, they can learn to cook simple, healthy and nutritious meals while saving money as some videos do provide alternative use for leftover ingredient thus not wasting anything.
- Visually more appealing - Food styling is a very common way of making food visually appetizing and appealing. However, nothing beats seeing a food made from the start. In a video, one will be able to see how a simple chicken turns into a sumptuous chicken masala or how an ordinary apple turns into a delicious apple pie.
- Personal touch - A video of a famous chef creating his most renowned dish is a visual treat. One gets to learn tricks, suggestions and other ideas on how to create a beautiful and delicious meal. Through these, one can also make comments and learn from other viewers.
- Convenience - Download video instructions anytime, anywhere. All one needs is a signal and a gadget to watch it. One does not have to bring an entire recipe book to an outdoor cookout.
- Variety - With videos, one can choose which type of food preparation they want. These videos present different ways of cooking a particular recipe so one can easily choose the recipe that suits their taste or preference.
For people who do not have the time, patience and energy to learn the most basics of food cooking, watching an instructional food video can help them prepare a sumptuous and healthy meal in a jiffy.