Precautions in landscape oil paintings
Landscape painting is a spiritual home for humans back to the nature. Excellent scenery painting often places the human attachment to the space where they live and infinite affection for the truth, good and beauty. Sketch methods of landscapes and still lives are identical, but with minor differences. But because the nature scenery has distinguished air of elegance and coquetry, we may not treat it like a group of still life as the preset options to meet their own needs. Almost all the natural scenery is naturally grown, all we can do is to look for and find in this ordinary scenery—to experience a great sense of beauty in a hut, a path, a pile of straw and a wisp of smoke.
We should pay special attention to several aspects as follows when conducting landscape painting:
1. Conception Landscape painting should first have a clear conception, namely, to create a mood. Everything else such as color, shape, and intensity of treatment are all around this conception. At the same time, we can also through such practice learn to use the scenery to express our own emotions, so that we can stand in a higher starting point at the very beginning.
2. Tone Grasping the tone is the key in making a good landscape painting. If a landscape is compared to a symphony, then the tone should be the main melody of this song. A careful analysis should be given to the color changes of the object, and the nature of a riot of color should be made into a unified tone, which seems to be a contradiction and it's also the significance of our landscape sketch.
When grasping the tone, we must accomplish rapid action. First of all those complicated scene is divided into several large blocks of color, especially for those colors that are very close to each other should be departed to some extent. For instance, the difference of water and sky is also very obvious.
3. Level space The level and space of painting should be paid special attention. In general, a complete painting of the landscape should include far, middle and near scenes. The main scenery is often placed in the middle and near one is usually roughly treated.
4. Depiction of details The depiction of details should keep from a steep undertaking. Because the outdoor sketch usually has a certain amount of time, so we don't need (nor) will focus on the serious depiction of scenery. We only need to draw the basic shape features of objects. More important is to try and understand the charm of the kind of pen.
5. Sunshine operations Sunshine operation is an important subject of landscape painting. Because the angles of sunlight change greatly, the relation of color and light will be completely changed in one or two hours. Therefore, it requires us to be able to quickly sketch to the view.
The color of the sun changes from time to time. Even at the same time, it can also be divided into positive and negative side of irradiation and radiation. In each kind of light, the color reaction is quite different. From the bale sketch under the sunshine at different time of Monet, we can get the beneficial enlightenment. Observing carefully and distinguishing the different colors under the various light can make us avoid processing the concept of “sunshine treatment”.
6. Scenery of four seasons Spring, summer, autumn, and winter appear in front of us with its different colors. Oil painting learners should recognize the obvious differences between them and at the same time should also be aware of the different feelings in different weathers, scenes and environments even in the same season. This can only be through a lot of sketch to appreciate slowly.
7. Small landscape practice Painting a hand-size landscape practice is the most convenient way for us to study landscape painting. As it is pocket format, we can pay close attention to practice at any time and any place. If the average is half an hour painting into a piece, so no matter how busy a person is he can always spare half an hour to do this. If the average is daily with a painting, then after a considerable period of time there will be hundreds paintings. So we can greatly exercise our ability to grasp those constantly changing color tones in the nature.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com